Friday, August 1, 2014

Gaining New Perspectives After Going Without Water For a Day



I wrote this bit of thoughts last year after a really cold winter night. It gave me new perspective on the blessings that I have in my life.

A Day Without Water

Last night it got cold enough where I live to freeze my pipes. My family of five have spent the day without water. It was not easy to say the least to handle the home without running water. This is not the only time that I’ve gone without water in my home for a period of time. Whenever these days occur, I am reminded of those in this world who do not have running water near them. It makes me feel like I can’t function when I lose such simple conveniences. To think of living in a situation without power or running water would be such a difficult concept to me. Yet, people do it, and they survive. It isn’t easy to live in those conditions, but people do it, and they are happy.

Only by the grace of God did my water unfreeze this evening. I’m very thankful that my home can return to normal. However, I am also thankful that I was given a chance to have my perspective renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment