Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ways to Cheer Up a Loved One on a Bad Day

Whenever my husband or friends are having a bad day, I try to do something nice for them to cheer them up. I think we all try to come up with ways to encourage the people we love. For me, I am the kind of person that really enjoys creating fun gifts that will bring a smile to someone's face.







I have seen and idea online that you can't put a bad day box together for those that you love. This is something you can put together ahead of time, or you can make it up spur of the moment. I personally suggest that you at least keep on hand some things you would put in boxes for encouragement. In my closet, I have a designated area where I keep candy, candles, lotions, inexpensive instrumental cd's, and anything that I think would be good for encouraging people. Since I keep these things on hand, I'm able to put together a basket or box very quickly.



If you are looking for ways to encourage someone who is going through a rough time, here are some things you can consider putting in their bad day box:





Candy- Unless you know that they are on a diet or can't have sugar, then candy is always one of my first choices. There are a wealth of cute phrases you can attach to pieces of candy. For example, if you have a pack of Stride gum, you could attach the phrase, "Slow down and take it all in Stride". If you get a pack of Extra gum, then you can attach a phrase, "You are Extra special". See where I'm going with this? Be creative using the candy you have on hand.



Music- Songs can soothe the soul. Even if you don't know what kind of music someone enjoys, instrumental is always a good idea. Music is so readily available to us now. You don't have to have a CD to send someone music. Consider creating a youtube playlist and sharing it with them. Or you can post a song on someone's facebook wall, or email them the link. If you want to include music in a box, just put a note in the box telling them to check their email, or facebook wall where you have shared the music.



Snacks- I'm all about the snack! I don't know about anyone else, but I normally don't purchase special snacks for myself. Often, I don't get things like that unless someone else purchases them for me. I'm not suggesting that you fill someone up with food for comfort, but snacks are a practical gift that is sure to be used.



Pictures- Looking at pictures of old times or people that you love is a sure fire way to boost your spirits. Including a picture of you and the person together is a great way to encourage them. You could frame a small photograph, or make up a short scrapbook. One time, I just taped a picture inside the lid of the box.



Hobbies- Consider what their hobbies are. If they are a crafter, then adding in a few craft supplies is a great way to cheer them. If they love watching movies, consider putting a DVD in the box. Maybe they love to read, so you can include an Amazon gift card or a book you know they would enjoy.



These are just a few things you can do to encourage someone that is having a bad day.



Check out this link below to get some other ideas of what to do for a bad day box or ways to cheer up a loved one.

Bad Day Box For Your Loved One

No comments:

Post a Comment